JOIN TunaSnax!
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amazing Monster Truck Tilt Shift video (Read 134 times)
sillytuna
Captain Birdseye
(Administrator)
this post useful?

Amazing Monster Truck Tilt Shift video
on: November 27, 2008, 07:10:51 pm

If you've not seen any tilt-shift videos yet then where have you been???

Through some clever lens work it's a form of image capture which makes everything feel toy-like.

Check this (courtesy of Gizmodo)

God of Tuna
AnthonyFlack
Sturgeon General
this post useful?

No. of posts: 16
Re: Amazing Monster Truck Tilt Shift video
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 02:37:39 am

Wow, I've been aware of tilt-shift photography for a while but haven't seen it applied to video before.

I'd like to know what it is, exactly, that makes the brain think you're looking at something small, and whether you could apply some kind of inverse effect to make small things look huge.
miggy
miggy
Krill Seeker
this post useful?

No. of posts: 23
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 05:32:22 am

It's to do with tilting lenses which can adjust the field of view and (I presume) focus.

If you look carefully, you'll see that feels very close together, as would be the case of they were all small toys. Also, the focus is slightly odd, with objects going out of focus quite easily.

Mixed with the faux stop-frame effect, your brain seems to think it's toys.

I think this is the vague idea.
Bungle
Captain Birdseye
(Administrator)
this post useful?

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 05:54:36 am

This is brilliant! I remember (I think it was here) when someone posted some of these tilt videos of a bay in Australia but this is so much better. Monster trucks + clever filming is bound to be ace.

Demi-God of Tuna.
Northern Star
Captain Birdseye
(Administrator)
this post useful?

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 01:38:05 am

Cool vid but oh gee, Monster Trucks driving over the American flag.. and it's flat on the ground.. They clearly haven't checked the U.S. Flag Rules and Regulations (long page)..

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

8. Respect for flag - No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America.

b. The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

c. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

e. The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

I'm not a U.S. citizen so I post this purely for reference only cos it's kinda interesting all the very specific rules about displaying the U.S. flag.

They're not the only violators, PayPal issued a credit card with the flag as the background graphic, naughty eh.
Pages: [1]
Jump to: